12 POINTS TO BE REMEMBERED BEFORE BUYING BIOFLOC TANKS
- PVC polymer of non-migratory nature should be used in as biofloc fish tank.
- Sub-standard PVC coating has the migratory nature which tends to dissolve in water and has a very detrimental effect on growth and survival of fish.
- The thickness of the tarpaulin sheet should be optimum i.e., 600 GSM± 10%. This is the international standard followed throughout the world.
- Most of the biofloc farms in Indonesia; Mecca etc is using more than equal to 600 GSM Fabric.
- The tank should be welded with 3D technology with a state of art Seamtek machine from Switzerland.
- Other machines welding will not sustain the continues pressure of water resulting in water leakage.
- Transparent PVC Film should be used to reinforce all the joints to withstand water pressure and provide long life.
- No wrinkle should not be present in the tank. Wrinkles accumulate ammonia and cause toxicity to the fishes. Accumulation of ammonia means the stopping of the biofloc cycle.
- All good quality tanks come with a written warranty of 05 years with an expected life span of 10 years.
- PVC tank should be hemmed and reinforced with 10mm PP Rope for extra strength on the periphery of the tank.
- Light colour like sky blue Colour of Fish Tank is better for working easily (better visibility of fish and accumulated sludge).
- While installing tarpaulin biofloc tank, Protective HDPE liner should be used for increasing the life of the fish tank
- The shed should be used for:
- To prevent sunlight to reach your tank
- To prevent algal growth in the biofloc tank
- To protect fishes from birds and other predators
- To prevent falling of leaves or other debris from the surroundings etc
- To enhance the life of the tanks
SabseSastakart in Association with Mamani Aqua Research Centre is providing the Best Quality Biofloc Tarpaulin tank of International Standard for the farmers of India.
Share this post
- Tags: BIOFLOC